Bread & Butter Pudding

buttery..  lovely taste...



My Bread & Butter Pudding recipe has evolved through out the years.. I am not sure how this recipe developed for the first time. But I know a good bread pudding comes with the sauce.  Because it is family favourite, and sometimes requested by friends & lately students, I probably have made more than hundreds time. Anyway, the best part is, I cant say it is the same old recipe.. worst of all, I don't have the exact measurement. That can frustrate some.. My 'agak-agaklah' can be irritating to those who hope their bread pudding to turn out right the first time they make it. 
Look at the top pix. At 3 different  occasion, they looked so different. different design too! Just to show life should not be too rigid and food should not look the same & dull.  

Bread Pudding(all ingredients are only my estimation)
1 big loaf of bread
2 egss
50 gm sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of fresh milk
100 gm butter
water 
Raisins & choc chip or chunck of dark cooking chocolate (your choice)

1. Beat eggs and sugar, vanilla & milk. (A)
2. arrange a layer of bread (cut triangles, squares, shreded..or whatever shape up to you..) on lightly buttered pans/casserole 
3. in between layers, spread butter, choc chip, raisins, and pour (A) & water
4. continue doing no 2 & 3 till reaching the edge of the pan/casserole. make sure the bread layers are soaked with the liquid. 
5. Bake for 30-45 minute till brown. Prick knife through and should come out clean.

Sauce
1 egg yolk
1 can Evaporated Milk (Ideal Milk is the best!)
3 tsp Vanilla
1 tbp flour (mix well with 1/4 cup water) 
sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh milk

Cook over medium heat till bubbly. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

Bread pudding best served hot - right from the oven. choc syrup and vanilla sauce on top. 
Best served as dessert or for afternoon Tea.

Give it a try and let me know. Email me at hanrais@gmail.com or simply give your comment should you want to download the recipe..

Comments

mazura said…
madam..the tasty bread pudding...soo yummy!!!....=)
Dr Han said…
have you tried? ada apa apa ke?
nice to hear from you

Popular posts from this blog

Cekodok Nenas my mom's open secret recipe to share

I am the VIP of the journey