Chicken Kurma on Sunday..

 
Chicken Kurma

When I was small, Kurma Ayam was a dish I thought I would never able to cook. looked so complicated. Standard Uwan Loyah and Ngah Nabah, Only my grandma and an aunt who could  do such a thing. So I looked forward to any wedding to get the taste. This was not my dad's fav either. So understood, mom didnt cook this dish often except kenduri... I fell in love with Kurma ayam as I got tired of cooking chicken curry - too spicy and thick. But Kurma that I like is mild and I love the combinations of coconut milk and fresh milk with all the colorful veggies. 
My first Kurma was made when I was in Crete, Nebraska. My first year thousands miles away from home. I looked for recipe and had to make the spices from scratch.. really had to pound the cumin and some other spices ( cant remember) but it turned out great! for that moment it was superb what ever cooked and presented on the plate to meet the appetite of hunger missing-home ladies.. 
Today, I had to attend a wedding. But cooking early my kids. Love the smell and the look. Hope they will too.. 

Bon Appetite, kiddo! All the best preparations for exam next week, my love, 3A's
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cekodok Nenas my mom's open secret recipe to share

The Classic Menu of Haji Rais & Hajah Hamidah for Eid (Syawal) since forever...

I am the VIP of the journey