She is off to the Next Phase of Life..

Life is a constant struggle. A battle to win over through thick and thin. Doing this and that. being here and there. We may seem to be the same persons but many things have altered us and our views on things. Things are moving fast. Time is leaving us faster than ever. I thought I was stil me like yesterday but unfortunately I am not. Many things have taken parts of me away from me. Talking about loss. and I can't be grieving over everything. 


It was just like yesterday. I carried her for nine months pampering me and her through out my pregnancy with all my loved ones around supporting me with love and comfort. Hubby, Mom and dad were there, all the way. This little girl entered our life and brightens everything, teaching mom and dad the reality to life - family and parenting that we ventured without much difficulties.. Yes everybody helped me and that made her a happy baby when love was abundant surrounding her early years.
August 6, 1995 after 18 hours of labor. Anxiously, they waited. I still remember everyone was there for me. Mom was checking on me in the labor room, reciting all kinds of surah holding my hand and whispering them thru my ears. While hubby on standby to assist the delivery. It was a miracle to see how the pain disappeared immediately once she was born. Two days later we took her home in the outfit that is shown in the pic - now on the teddy bear that her little sister Aula put on just a day before she left for college.


Aliya first outfit from PUSRAWI hospital to home


It has been 2 days since Aliya left the house for UiTM. I am so thankful alhamdulillah, she was accepted. It is an opportunity. An opportunity to start anew. An opportunity to discover herself, who she is and things she is good at. Academic is just part of the requirement to graduate. But the journey to reach the end, is everything that contributes to the whole experiences. That will accumulate and Aliya will have to pick up these along the way. or else she will be just like any other graduates. She has to create the path, chart her own sense of self identity to be what she wants as she likes it and real succeed in the journey. To be outstanding in her own class. It is not just the CGPA but as whole a person with balanced personality that leads to the true meanings of happiness in life here and later.




I am happy she is starting college life with upbeat mood. She seems excited, we all are. We ll try to accomodate her with whatever makes her life journey pleasant.

Any mom can relate to how I feel about her leaving the nest. She is probably busy this week with orientation week. As she is adjusting to college life, I am adjusting to accept my girl is not anywhere in the house. My first night without her, I am wondering everything. I do believe she is doing well. I have all the confidence but I cant help but miss my girl. 

She has listed everything, doing everything on her own. Though I feel left out sometimes, but I was convinced she probably thought I was a busy mom forever. Little that she knows, I will do anything for my children. Her list, I have to admit better version than mine.. with all the categories, quite advanced than what I normally did.

So I decided to write her letters to keep her company. All the reminders and just a means to 'touch base', I suppose. Actually this was not my original idea. Friends said, it was in a movie PS I love You.. some say, in a hindi movie. I didnt know. but it was her dad who started it. Many years ago, when I was away out station. He deserves the credit. I hope Aliya will read it. My wishful thinking  she will write me back. but I know kids in this era dont write letters..So I am ok with it. so long my messages get to her. 





Aliya first week at college will be remembered well. A very sweet moment for us to send off our sweet girl. I made doa, she is well and healthy, she loves what she is doing, do her best and be the best she can be. My wishes and hopes, she will go through the journey without any difficulties. She will be protected and surrounded by the support and love among friends and UITM community. You ve got our blessing, girl. Allah will always be with you and ease the journey. lots of love. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cekodok Nenas my mom's open secret recipe to share

Tazkirah Ramadhan: Tests in Life ~ Coping with the loss of loved ones Preparing ourselves for Ramadhan & Syawal Without Loved ones –

I am the VIP of the journey